Find Your New Life After Bankruptcy
It might be hard to imagine because of the debt-related stress and challenges you are experiencing, but the truth is:
- Bankruptcy will NOT ruin your credit forever.
- Filing for bankruptcy does NOT have to be an embarrassing, impersonal process.
- You CAN rebuild your credit after bankruptcy.
At Byman & Associates PLLC, we know these things because we have personally seen and helped people find life after bankruptcy. Our attorneys have decades of combined experience helping clients find financial freedom throughout the Pearland, Texas, area. We can help you through the entire process.
The Reality Of The Situation
Most people considering bankruptcy worry about the impact that it will have on their credit score. While it’s true that Chapter 7 bankruptcy will have a negative impact on your score, it is important to remember that, if your debt is severe enough that you are considering bankruptcy, your credit score is probably not very good to begin with. The good news is that the damage bankruptcy will cause won’t be that severe, and you can rebuild.
How To Rebuild Your Credit
Your credit score will recover after bankruptcy if you take the following steps:
- Make payments: The most important place to start is to stay current on all your ongoing bills like rent and utilities.
- Take out a small and safe line of credit: Before long, someone will offer you credit again. One of the fastest ways to improve your credit score is to take on debt and handle it well. As you repay your existing debt, your credit score will improve.
- Budget: It is critical at this time to not overdo it or try to rush the rebuilding process. Make sure you keep a good budget so you don’t overextend yourself.
One of the most important aspects of finding debt relief and life after bankruptcy is to work with a lawyer who has experience and who will handle your case with compassion and care.
Contact Byman & Associates PLLC
Schedule a consultation to discuss your debt-free future with an experienced attorney. Call us at 281-884-9768 or email us today.
We accept credit cards and we offer free initial consultations.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.